Sunday, November 9, 2008

Spiritual De-toxification!

How about that. Its what I am going through now. Sometimes, over time, we have swallowed so much unhealthy things into our spiritual body. So much contamination and what's worse, is that these contaminated materials made us so dependent on the physical world that we had conform to the worldly habits. This explains why it was so difficult to give up old habits. We tend to justify our thirst for vengeance, anger, selfish ambition and all the traits that we were warned about in the Bible. The beginning of change is difficult. But it gets easier, the longer we resist.

The Holy Spirit is my strength. I am really tired of feeling guilty. Although we could avoid the physical transgressions, but we tend to commit mental transgressions. Nevertheless, as long as we are steadfast, in prayer, we can resist. The more we resist, the bigger our spiritual muscles will grow. :)

I feel like I am a new person all over again. I feel like God has poured His grace upon me, giving me another chance at being a faithful Disciple. It's a Blessing worth testifying about and yet I felt that I must be over excited about God's faithfulness unless I am serious about following Him. I suppose, It's a journey towards spiritual maturity and I am forever grateful to Almighty God for being the most wonderful creator and the most beautiful Saviour for what He is doing to me right now.

No comments: